This is a permanent residence visa. You will be able to travel in and out of Australia for five years.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- hold one of the required provisional business visas
- managed your business in Australia for the past two years.
About this visa:
A Business Owner (subclass 890) visa is for people who own and manage a business in Australia.
What this visa Lets You Do:
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
Before You Apply:
Before you apply you need to notify the business development agency in the state or territory in which you intend to continue your main business.
To do this:
complete the notification form:undefined document entitled: ‘Form’Form 927 State/Territory notification: Business Skills class (56 kB PDF)
send the completed form to the appropriate state or territory authority.
You can notify agencies in more than one state or territory.
A representative will sign, stamp and send it back to you. Include this completed form with your visa application.
You need a valid passport or other travel document for this visa. If you plan to get a new passport, you should do so before applying for your visa. If you get a new passport after you have lodged your application, give the details of your new passport to one of our offices.