You should get a business visa if you are planning a business trip to Germany. Citizens of many countries do not require a visa if they plan to stay up to 90 days. Your nationality determines whether you need a visa or not.
- fully completed application form
- two passport photographs (strict requirements, see this page for details)
- valid national passport
- your current bank statements from the previous three months
- confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical or hospitalization with a minimum of 30,000 Euros.
- business references
- proof of hotel reservation and airline reservation
- your driver’s license and/or utility bill in your name as proof of residence in the consular where you plan to apply
Where and how to apply?
You should apply at your home country’s German Embassy. First-time applicants have to submit the application form along with the required documents in person. Frequent travellers may submit their application and documents via an agent or a travel agency.
It is recommended you apply for a visa at least 3 weeks before your travel date to meet any processing delays.
Paying the visa
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Check’s or credit cards are not accepted. The money order must be in the name of the Consulate in your home country and not be older than two months. Cost of a visa as of 2008 is 60 Euro.