Please note that this guide is applicable only for residents.
If your family members (usually wife and children) are outside the UAE, you must first apply for an entry residence visa and after they arrive, you have up to 30 days to apply for the residence stamp.
Your monthly salary should not be less than AED 4000 or AED 3000 + accommodation. If you want to sponsor a residence visa for your parents, your minimum monthly salary should be AED 10,000. See residence visa for parents separately.
• Typed Application form
• Salary certificate (for government employee) or attested work contract (other employees)
• Attested tenancy contract, Emirates ID card and labour card
• Passports (original) and copies of both sponsor and family member/s
• Medical check-up report of spouse or children over 15 years of age from authorized hospital/clinic
• 3 passport photos of family member
1. Ensure that you take your spouse/child over 15 for a health check-up and obtain a Medical Certificate.
2. Go to any authorized typing office & get application form typed and pay the fees.
3. Go to GDRFA and submit application form, along with supporting documents to receive the residence visa stamp on your family member's passport.
Please Note: For your family member's residence visa to remain valid, he/she must not be out of the UAE for more than 6 months. In case a Muslim expatriate has married more than one wife, he can only obtain one residency visa.