The Skilled Nominated Visa to Australia is often a route explored by those that do not meet the points assessment criteria for the Independent Visa and therefore require additional points for State Sponsorship to meet the passmark (below). Like the Independent Visa to Australia, the skilled sponsored visa entitles all applicants to:
- Live and work in Australia as Permanent Residents
- Study in Australia
- Become a Citizen of Australia within 4 years
In order to apply for a Skilled Sponsored Visa to Australia, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must be under 50 years of age at the time of application
- Must nominate an occupation from the most recent Skilled Occupations List
- Must have a valid Skills Assessment from a designated Skills Assessment Board
- Must have at least competent English Language skills
- Must be nominated by a State/Territory Government OR by an eligible relative
In addition to meeting the basic eligibility requirements you need to achieve a pass mark score against the skilled migration points test. The points test pass mark for the skilled visa to Australia is currently 60 points. The categories to acquire points are broken down to assess age, English language, Qualifications, Partners Skills and various other categories.
Australia operate a Skill Selection visa process where an applicant expresses an interest in applying for a visa under this subclass. Thereafter the Government will review your application and may invite you to apply for residence. V&P will ensure that your application has the best chance of selection and so if you satisfy the above requirements and require us to calculate your potential points score, contact us today!